Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Job Title: Acquisition Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
- An Acquisition Associate is required to facilitate the sourcing and signing up of Leads (Vendors) with high potential of partnering with Jumia Food.
- Lead the Jumia Vendor Acquisition Strategy, meeting key targets.
- In addition to organic growth, implement a referral campaign in order to grow our active vendor base.
- Acquire key target vendors, align with our long-term strategic plan, and directly interact with them in order to drive their performance.
- Optimizing the performance of newly signed vendors, recommending processes to improve and motivate them in line with the company objectives.
- Accountable for vendor acquisition pipeline planning
- Executes tasks based on tools, processes and performance based on reporting and campaigns
- Liaise between vendor and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely successful on-boarding process flow for the newly acquired vendor within a stipulated time frame
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and Google Docs
- Professionalism and deadline oriented.
- Great Attention to details: the ability to maintain accuracy
- Strong sales skills and ability to utilize field sales techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Good knowledge of the e-commerce industry
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online